Diabetes footcare activity profiles
Information on the inpatient care of people with diabetes admitted to hospital for footcare conditions.
- Diabetes footcare activity profiles 2016 release
html, 0 bytes,
- Diabetes footcare activity profiles - Technical appendix
Adobe Acrobat Document, 146301 bytes,
- Footcare profiles data
Microsoft Excel 2007 Spreadsheet, 163490 bytes,
- Diabetes Footcare Profiles search tool - Archive
html, 0 bytes,
- Diabetes footcare activity profiles: technical note - Archive
Adobe Acrobat Document, 124916 bytes,
These profiles provide information on the inpatient care of people with diabetes who are admitted to hospital for a range of footcare conditions. They help those involved in the provision of this care to understand the scale of activity and relate this to similar Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) across England.
The data used is from the Hospital Episode Statistics (HES) database and covers all episodes of inpatient care in a three year period.
The latest CCG profiles are for 2012/13 to 2014/15. Earlier profiles are also available at CCG and Primary Care Trust (PCT) level
Please note that a technical error has been identified in the Foot care profiles which affects the following indicators:
- number of patients with diabetes admitted with diabetic foot disease
- % of patients admitted to hospital with diabetic foot disease by the number of inpatient episodes
- % of total nights spent in hospital by people with diabetic foot disease by the number of inpatient episodes
- % of episodes of care for diabetic foot conditions accounted for by patients who had more than one inpatient stay
The error identified means that we may be over estimating the number of patients admitted with diabetic foot disease (an estimated average of 9%) and the percentage of single episodes of care (an estimated average of 6%). No other indicators are affected.
A review of the foot care profiles is planned for early 2017/18 with publication later in the year.
Webpage Last Updated: Wednesday, 9th November 2016