Spend and outcome tool (SPOT)
Understand health outcomes and expenditure across all programmes
- Spend and outcome tool (SPOT): local authorities pdf factsheets: html, 0KB,
- Spend and outcome tool (SPOT): clinical commissioning groups pdf factsheets: html, 0KB,
- Spend and outcome tool (SPOT): excel tool: Microsoft Excel Binary File, 16021830KB,
- Spend and outcome tool (SPOT): video: text, 903KB,
- Spend and outcome tool: case studies: text, 1939KB,
- Mortality statistics for clinical commissioning groups and other organisations: , 0KB,
The Spend and outcome tool (SPOT) gives an overview of spend and outcomes across key areas of business. Local authority data for 2014 has been refreshed and clinical commissioning data for 2014 has been included. SPOT includes a large number of measures of spend and outcomes from several different frameworks. Similar organisations can be compared using a range of benchmarks and potential areas for further investigation identified. You can download a PDF factsheet for each local authority or clinical commissioning group. There is also an interactive spreadsheet that allows you to explore the data in detail.
The tool allows the identification of areas requiring priority attention where shifts in investment will optimise local health gains and increase quality. The programme budgeting data for CCGs is from Primary Care Trust (PCT) returns. Programme budgeting is a method assessing investment in programmes of care rather than services.
First published: 27/08/2014
Updated: September 2014
Updated: February 2015
Please send your feedback about SPOT to NorthernAndYorkshireKIT@phe.gov.uk
We will continue to update this page on the YHPHO legacy website until the migration of content to the PHE website is complete. For all corporate information please see www.gov.uk/phe
Webpage Last Updated: Monday, 9th February 2015