Neurology services: hospital activity compendium
Data analysis of neurology hospital activity in England 2012 to 2015.
This resource shows summary level data (counts and percentages) on hospital activity of people admitted with a neurological condition. It is for onward processing by analysts, policy makers, clinicians and commissioners in local authorities, commissioning group and charities involved in the provision of services for people with neurological conditions. Data extracts are from the Admitted Patient Care Hospital Episode Statistics. The condition groups reference is described at defining neurological conditions.
The data tables for England show data for three financial years (2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15):
- hospital admissions - numbers of admissions by neurological condition group
- emergency hospital admissions - numbers of emergency admissions by neurological condition group
- subsequent hospital episodes - finished episodes following an emergency admission by neurological condition group
- people in treatment - all admissions and new admissions by neurological condition group
- hospital discharges - all inpatient admissions, emergency admissions and emergency admissions under the care of a neurologist by neurological condition group and length of stay in hospital
The complimentary data tables for CCGs provide data in the same categories by CCG and condition group. However, fewer data items are available and some of the tables are not shown by condition group due to small count numbers.
The neurology profiles have further information about neurology services, emergency hospital admissions for common neurological conditions and a more detailed analysis of epilepsy care.
Webpage Last Updated: Tuesday, 11th October 2016